We have had fun with bubble painting in previous summers, but usually use straws. To try something a little different, we made bubble blowers using plastic bottles and netting.
How to make a bubble blower
- Cut the bottom off a plastic bottle
- Tape on mesh or netting,
- We used 3 different types to investigate how the bubbles would differ.
- Christmas tree netting with large holes
- Netting from a bag of oranges
- We made 3 with tulle, 1 layer, 2 layers and 3 layers
For the paint, we mixed bubble mixture with a table-spoon of powder paint.
We tested the blowers to see which one we liked the best.
- The Christmas netting made three or 4 large bubbles.
- The orange netting made lots of clear bubbles
- The tulle made a foamy snake of bubbles and the more layers there were, the better the effect.
The best paint effects were made if we blew the bubbles away as soon as they hit the paper, otherwise they melted into a splodge and you couldn’t see the bubble shape.
We made another discovery. A plastic straw makes a perfect bubble wand.
I wonder what else we will discover about bubbles over the summer?
One thought on “Try These Ideas for Summer Fun with Bubbles”