This year my youngest daughter wants to be a bat for Hallowe’en. Here is how we made her costume.
You will need:-
- a black top
- black leggings or trousers
- black material (we used an old curtain)
- safety pins
- a black woolen hat
- pipe cleaners
How to make the wings
- Measure the black material from the centre of the back to the middle of the hand and cut 2 pieces
- Draw the wavy pattern with chalk and cut out.
- Our material frayed, so we singed the edges with a lighter to seal them, you could also hem them.
- Pin the wings to the back of the shirt and along the arms. You could also sew them on but we opted for the temporary option so she could wear the shirt again.
- Make a triangle from a pipecleaner. (my daughter chose the size)
- Cover the triangle with material and sew, glue or staple the material together. (We stapled ours so my daughter could do it herself).
- Optional step – make a smaller pink triangle to go in the centre. This was at the request of my daughter who cut the shapes from an old t-shirt and glued them onto the ears.
- Sew the ears onto the side of the hat.
Total cost: Under $10