This time of the year there are spider webs everywhere. We stopped to watch a spider devouring a fly on our walk home from school and one has built a web right outside our window, so we watch his antics everyday. If your children are interested in spiders or you are looking for spider activities for Hallowe’en, here are a few we have tried.
- Tie sticks together into a star shape and weave a web with wool or string around them, wrapping around each stick as you go.
- Turn a round table upside down and give the children a ball of string or yarn to make a web around the table legs.
- Make a Velcro web and bugs from old socks or pairs of tights. Throw the bugs at the web and see how many get stuck.
- Sing the elephant and the spider web song
- Find a spider web to climb inside
- Read books about spiders
- Observe real spider webs
2 thoughts on “9 Spider Web Activites for Children”
Love the upside down table and yarn idea! Fun!